1. Each inmate shall be allowed to have two (2) twenty-five (25) minute visits per week. Each inmate shall be allowed to have six (6) approved visitors. An inmate shall be allowed to have one (1) visitor at any one time.
2. Visiting week will start on Monday. Twenty-five (25) minutes will be allowed for each visit. This may be extended or shortened at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
3. Picture identification with address is required of all visitors.
4. No visitors will be allowed under the age of eighteen (18). Any violations will result in the termination of the visit.
5. A visitor application is available at the request of the inmates. The visitor form must be totally completed with visitor’s name, address, date of birth, phone number, and relationship to the inmate. Incomplete forms will be returned to the inmate.
To request to become a visitor on an inmate’s list, please write a letter to that inmate at:
Dubuque County Jail
770 Iowa St
Dubuque, IA 52001
6. Jail visitation days are:
Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
Holidays are non-visiting days due to office hours being closed.
ˆTo set up a visit please call 563-589-4420 ext. 2 between 5pm-10pm the night BEFORE you wish to visit (Sunday-Thursday).
7. Visits shall be allowed to members of the immediate family (at least 18 years of age), which includes the following: Spouse, children, father, mother, legal guardian, sisters, brothers, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, or friend.
8. Denial of visits is at the discretion of jail administration.
9. The general rules for visitation in this section do not affect visits by attorneys or members of the clergy.
10. Inmate visitation is a privilege and may be suspended at any time.
11. When coming to visit please come to 855 Central Ave in Dubuque, IA. Cell phones and cameras are not permitted in the visitation area. Any violators will be responsible for the termination of the visit.