Dubuque County Seasonal Vaccines
The CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter. Updated COVID-19 vaccines are now available. In addition to vaccines, local public health officials recommend, staying home if you are sick, avoiding close contact with people who are sick, covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough, practicing good handwashing, avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
For information regarding the availability and locations of COVID-19 and Flu vaccines in Dubuque County, please access this link.
The Dubuque County Health Department was established in 1968 with a mission to protect, promote, and enhance the health and well-being of all people and the environment in Dubuque County. This is accomplished through:
- Assessment of community and environmental health status, policy, development, and assurance that public health needs are met
- Cultivation of knowledge and behavior conducive to healthy lifestyles
- Focus of resources toward prevention and early intervention
- Leadership and collaboration with other agencies
- Responding to disasters and assisting communities in recovery
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services
The Dubuque County Health Department currently subcontracts health and nursing services through the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association (VNA). For health and nursing services, please contact the VNA at 563-556-6200 or visit them at 660 Iowa Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001. Learn more about the VNA.
Allie WhiteExecutive Director MSN, RN
Bailey AvenariusEnvironmental Specialist
Tina Hartig-DaubenbergerOffice Clerk IV
Carissa BrownPublic Health Project Coordinator
Noah DoughertyPublic Health Coordinator
Health DepartmentPhysical Address
1225 Seippel Road
Dubuque, IA 52002
1225 Seippel Road Dubuque IA 52002
Phone: 563-557-7396Fax: 563-587-3899
HoursMonday through Friday8 am to 4:30 pm