Regular City & School Elections
Elections will be held countywide for school board members, city councils (if any) and Northeast Iowa Community College Board of Trustees (if any). On election day, November 7, 2023 voters will need to vote at their assigned polling place which will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
ATTENTION VOTERS IN PRECINCTS 32 AND 24
Precinct 24: St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 20249 St. Joseph's Dr, Rickardsville
Due to road construction, Highway 3 is still closed. In order to reach the polling location you may wish to follow the below:
Take either Horseshoe Rd, Flannagan Rd, or James Rd to James Rd South to Rickardsville - Turn left/east on Diagonal St then left/east on St. Joseph's Dr -- View Map
Take either Calonder Rd, Bankston Rd or Park Hollow Rd to Park Hollow Rd North to Rickardsville - Turn right/east on St. Joseph's Dr -- View Map
Precinct 32: Peosta Community Center, 7896 Burds Rd, Peosta
Due to construction, voters will be asked to enter the polling location using the side door into the banquet room. This would be the door on the east side of the building on Peosta Community Parkway. This is ADA accessible. Voters needing ADA parking can park on the street where it is marked. Parking is allowed in the regular parking lot as well. Voters can take advantage of curb side voting and call the auditor's office at 563-589-4457 and a ballot can be brought out to them. -- View Map
Important dates and deadlines
- Friday, November 3: Last day to submit written challenges to absentee voters for regular City/School Election. The Auditor’s office will be open to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 3: Satellite early voting for the City of Worthington voters only will be held at the Worthington Community Center, Worthington, IA, from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Monday, November 6: Last day to vote in-person at the Auditor’s Office. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Tuesday, November 7: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Vote at General polling places. (You cannot vote at the Courthouse.) Change in state law: All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00 pm to be considered on time to be counted.
- Friday, November 10: Offices closed for observance of Veteran’s Day.
- Tuesday, November 14: Canvass by Board of Supervisors.
- Friday, November 17: Recount request deadline for Regular City/School Elections. Requests must be filed in writing by 5:00 p.m. with the Auditor.
- Friday, November 17: Contest notice deadline. A statement of intent to contest the election must be filed in the city clerk’s office no later than 10 days after the election.
- Monday, November 20: Control county canvass for NICC Community College and City and School districts split between counties.
- Monday, November 27: Write-In winner resignation deadline for cities. If a person is elected by write-in votes, they can submit their resignation in writing to the respective City Clerk by 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 30: Write-In resignation deadline for cities split between counties. If a person is elected by write-in votes, they can submit their resignation in writing to the respective City Clerk by 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 11: School contest notice deadline.